As a travel company that specializes in cultural and historical trips, we love working with various conservation and preservations organizations, such as the National Trust of England, which protects many of the greatest historic places and green spaces throughout the country.
The National Trust was founded in 1895 and continues to maintain England’s heritage primarily through memberships. If you plan to visit a bunch of National Trust sites, do the math…. it might be more affordable to join the Royal Oak Foundation than to pay individual admissions to each place.
Royal Oak Membership is open to American residents, so this is a great way to receive a tax deduction, while gaining free entry to the National Trust’s properties in both England and Scotland. Student, Individual, and family memberships range from US$35 – $115. Not a bad deal if you plan to visit 4 or 5 places as individual entries may run $15 per person.
Royal Oak Membership gets you:
ALL membership levels provide:
- Free entry to over 350 properties of the National Trust of England Wales & Northern Ireland
- Free entry to 100 properties belonging to the National Trust for Scotland
- Reduced admission price for U.S. lectures, tours and other programs
- Tax-deductible member dues
- 10% Discount on Royal Oak merchandise
- View complete description of all benefits at all levels
- View current special member offerings
- View shipping options
Royal Oak membership is good for one year from the month that you apply.