Incredible Indian Flavors
What You Will Learn
Menu: Garlic Flatbread (Naan) with Mint Chutney – Chicken Tikka Masala – Shrimp in Roasted Coconut Sauce (Jheenga Malai) – Spiced Basmati Rice
Class Description: If you love rich, complex Indian cuisine but think it’s too complicated to create at home, this class will change your mind! Our instructor will introduce you to traditional recipes adapted to fit modern kitchens. You’ll enjoy working alongside classmates as you practice making everything from creamy restaurant-style sauces to a deliciously simple fresh chutney. We’ll walk you through the steps for properly cooking shellfish and rice and show you how to create flavorful homemade naan without needing a tandoor.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn’t about recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.